Re: [OT] Bonehead question about coredumps

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:36:23 +0200

On 2006-05-01 20:54, walt wrote:
When a userland program segfaults, what determines whether
it also dumps core?  Is there something either the programmer
or the user can do to force a cordump on segfault?

Thanks for any clues!

You might be interested in core(5), which has a list of criteria for a core to be dumped. Two important factors are that the process must have permission to create the file and the file must not be too big.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure