Re: PkgSrc Help

From: Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:05:02 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 04:42 schrieb Douglas S. Keester:
> PkgSrc Help
> Von:
> "Douglas S. Keester" <dkeester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>   An:
> users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Datum:
> Heute 04:42:02
> Since the WIki is currently down, will someone please post the PkgSrc HOWTO
> to the list?

Sure. It's attached.

BTW: I've got it by Google's cache feature. It's slow, but it works ;-)

> Also are there any package repositories available besides
> ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de?

I don't think so.

Pkgsrc short version
From DFWiki

 If you still have ports installed you might wanna move them out of the way.

To make cvs work sanely, add this to your ~/.cvsrc files:
 cvs -z4 -q
 diff -u -p -N
 update -dP
 checkout -P

In the default pkgsrc will have its makefiles under /usr/pksrc and install to /usr/pkg and its DB of installed packages in /var/db/pkg, pkgsrc-wip makefiles are under /usr/pkgsrc/wip.
Fetch a snapshot of pkgsrc (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-current.tar.gz) and pkgsrc-wip (http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/snapshots/) (wip = work in progress). Unpack them:
cd /usr
bsdtar xf .../pkgsrc.tar.gz
cd pkgsrc
cvs up
bsdtar xf .../pkgsrc-wip....tar.gz
cd wip
cvs up

Bootstrap pkgsrc:
cd /usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap
mkdir /usr/pkg/etc
cp work/mk.conf.example /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf

Add /usr/pkg/bin and maybe /usr/pkg/sbin to your $PATH or symlink /usr/local /usr/pkg:
cd /usr
ln -sf pkg local

Install pkgmanager:
cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/pkgmanager