Re: Any serious production servers yet?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:04:28 -0700 (PDT)

:On 2006-05-29, Danial Thom <danial_thom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:> Is anyone using DragonflyBSD in any serious
:> production servers  yet? Any feelings about how
:> it measures up in its current state
:> performance-wise?
:
:We run firewalls on DragonFlyBSD with pf.  We are very pleased with the
:performance and only had one small problem with ftp-proxy which is resolved
:as described here:
:
:http://www.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr/~adamo/howto/DragonFlyBSD/ftp-proxy.txt
:
:Apart from that we are very very happy!

    Interesting.  Well, you *CAN* in fact bind inetd to one interface,
    but its via the command line (so you would run multiple instances of
    inetd), rather than an extension of the port specification in
    inetd.conf.

    The OpenBSD method looks cleaner, though.  It would be a nice little
    side project for someone to port the feature over to ours.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>