What is DF aimed at?

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 01:54:20 +0200

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:25:37 -0400
Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Scott Ullrich wrote:
>> Gergo Szakal wrote:
>>
>>> FYI, the leader of m0n0wall, talking about the feature of his OS
>>> mentioned that DragonFlyBSD is not even taken into consideration by
>>> him to base his system on, 'cause it's 'desktop oriented.'
>>

>> Actually that is partially untrue.   Fred Wright said this...
>>

>Sorry, meant to show the URL:
>http://m0n0.ch/wall/list-dev/showmsg.php?id=12/75
>

>> Manuel still hasn't really weighed in on DragonFly from what I have
>> gathered.   And you can say that I somewhat pay close attention to
>> m0n0wall due to starting the pfSense project ;)  At any rate, this is
>> now getting way off topic, sorry for the noise.
>>
>> Scott

'The primary foci are as follows:

	FreeBSD:	Servers
	NetBSD:		Portability
	OpenBSD:	Security and Reliability
	Dragonfly	Desktops'

Maybe I misinterpret, but I really don't want to argue about this. The devs know what their purposes are, and me, the user know what mine are. I don't care about others. So far DF seems a superb system for me, and I like if the purposes of a project are sharply outlined (improper English). So far I had only 1 problem that I could not resolve, but that is pkgsrc-wip related. The HDD containing my install is in the 2nd machine and works flawlessly.