Re: High interrupt CPU usage in top

To: joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:53:57 +0100

joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:41:28PM +0100, Mark Cullen wrote:

I don't know if it is anything to be concerned about, but I seem to be seeing high interrupt CPU usage in top (at least) when compiling things...

This is a problem of system accounting. The pkgsrc build is heavy on
fork and exec, which is quite different from most other system loads. I
get it consistently on my build system as well.

Joerg

That wouldn't be:

accounting_enable="NO"

in rc.conf would it? If not, can whatever it is be turned off? I guess it's nothing much to worry about either way.

Thanks