Re: openvpn packgea

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:14:56 +1000

On 6/12/06, altnixsys@xxxxxxxxx <altnixsys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was install DFly from iso cd.

Now I need connect DFly to internet.
I use openvpn from my provider to internet connection.

What package I need for install openvpn?
Where it located?

/usr/pkgsrc/net/openvpn Joerg has a package at ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/pkgsrc-stable/DragonFly/RELEASE/i386

However, don't use either of these. At least, last time I tried,
neither actually fixed OpenVPN to issue ifconfig and route commands
properly on DragonFly.

There are a couple of hand-hacks you must apply to use OpenVPN. You
might like to make a patch of this - I tried to but was caught up in
autoconfig nightmares. These are my notes from memory.

* DragonFly is not actually in the uname match list, but can just use
FreeBSD's entry (this makes the ifconfig and route commands work)
* DragonFly uses net/tun/if_tun.h, not net/if_tun.h - include this
(this becomes necessary if you use FreeBSD's entry)

-- Dmitri Nikulin