Re: I can't drive my D-Link DFE-530TX with vr driver......

To: 阿保 <auxo86@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:22:33 +0200

阿保 wrote:
Hi all:
I can't drive my Ethernet card with vr driver. I have got some error
message like this,

vr0: Couldn't map ports/memory.
device_probe_and_attach: vr0 attach returned 6.

Tried booting without ACPI? Not that I knew this was the problem, but turning off ACPI has fixed different stuff for me in the past.

and I can't find kernel source and kernel.conf in my iso-image.....

The LiveCD is binary only.

Personally, I'd be in favour of shipping the source as well (the version which was used to build the LiveCD, respectively).

It would help in cases where people can't get their network up but need to try patches.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx