Re: Inside the Linux scheduler

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 23:28:34 +0200

On 2006-07-05 22:23, Jose timofonic wrote:

by osnews (http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=15096)
I discovered an article about the Linux scheduler and
oriented on the new stuff for the 2.6 tree. Here you
has the link:

Because probably is always useful to learn from
competitors (good or bad stuff, what to do or what to
NOT do), I put here this link for people with a bit
more of technical background can read and give
opinions of it.

This article explains a nearly non-so-technical
manner, even explains what a scheduler is, problems
from earlier Linux schedulers and the advantages of
the new Linux scheduler. It has technical stuff too,
but is more oriented to people that aren't OS

I seem to recall that the ULE scheduler of FreeBSD should be a version of the 2.6-scheduler, and from a quick look at the article this seems to be true (the use of one active and one expired run-queue).

Erik Wikström