Re: Announcing bug tracker

From: Oliver Fromme <check+j2e0vn00rsh5xb2o@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Jul 2006 10:06:19 GMT

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > [...]  Each person posting to these lists automatically gets an
 > account on the bug tracker set up automatically.
 > [...]
 > If this system is used as the official system, it should be coupled
 > in some way to the mailing list(s), so that additions to the audit
 > trail through the web interface appear on the mailing lists as well.
 >
 > You can find it at
 >
 >        <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/issues>.
 >
 > To activate your account on the web site, go to "Lost your login?"
 > and enter your mail address to get your password reset and sent to
 > you via mail.
 >
 > Comments?

Very nice.  I like it.

There's just one small problem.  It seems that the bug
tracker simply uses the user-part of the email address
as account name.  However, my client on this machine
generates unique hashes when sending articles to public
newsgroups, in order to protect spam.  For example, this
posting comes from:  check+j2e0vn00rsh5xb2o@xxxxxxxxxx

One of the postings I made to the bugs list 3 months ago
made it into your tracker with the this account name:
check+ixjt6r00rst8bncd

Obviously that makes it somewhat difficult to handle,
because a different hash is generated each time.  Also,
it's not possible to reply to such an address when it
is older than two weeks ...  After two weeks, any reply
is automatically answered with a "fresh" email address
(I've currently disabled that feature, though, so I could
get a possword for my account).

Unfortunately, I don't know how to easily solve that
problem.

Best regards
   Oliver