Re: NVIDIA FreeBSD Kernel Feature Requests, interesting info for dfly?

To: James Mansion <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:37:16 +0200

James Mansion wrote:
Fine. Go and do it, instead of complaining about it.

I'm sure you'll check the IP and find that actually I'm not Danial/Dmitri/whatever, but please, take a step back before writing this sort of thing.

James,

no, we normally don't check IP addresses. Before em1897/Danial/Dimitri (please don't confuse him with Dmitri Nikulin who is a respected community member) hit the stage, I actually wouldn't have thought that this would ever be necessary.

If you browse the mail archive a bit, you'll find that his questions were initially responded to with long, friendly and very interesting explanations by Matt (some of which even made it to Justin's DragonFly Digest).

It was only after it became clear that his intent was insulting people and their work that more drastic measures were invented. First, threads were simply terminated by making it impossible to continue them, then his email address was banned, now, ultimately, it's his IP address.

Please do not base your judgement on this one mail. It has a long and annoying history.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx