Re: qt3-tools make error

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 07:04:58 -0700

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, walt wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 22:53 +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> > Im wondering why is DF not searching for libraries in /usr/pkg/lib. How
> > can I add it to the search path?
>
> ldconfig -r will tell you which libraries your system knows about...

Sorry, that was true but probably irrelevant for compile time errors.

I'm no expert on the pkgsrc build infrastructure, but here are some
(more) relevant ideas:

In the first minute or two of the bmake, pkgsrc will create a list
of relevant things in the work/.buildlink/ directory.  In your case,
you want to look in work/.buildlink/lib/ for any mention of libXcursor.

Here is what my .buildlink/lib has:
libXcursor.a@ -> /usr/pkg/lib/libXcursor.a
libXcursor.la
libXcursor.so@ -> /usr/pkg/lib/libXcursor.so
libXcursor.so.1@ -> /usr/pkg/lib/libXcursor.so.1
libXcursor.so.1.0.2@ -> /usr/pkg/lib/libXcursor.so.1.0.2

You might want to check this:
# pkg-config --libs xcursor
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/xorg/lib -lXcursor -lXrender -lX11

and look at /usr/pkg/lib/libXcursor.la to see if the libdir entry
is correct.