Make upgrade in single-user mode ?

From: John Duncan <agley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:02:39 +1000

Hi,
    Am I supposed to be able to run "make upgrade" in single user
mode ? I never have been able to, but the documentation I have seen
doesn't seem very specific about this matter.

    I tried looking through the Makefiles but ended up more
confused than ever.

                             All the best,

                                 John Duncan

--
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley                                   Robert Burns 1785