Re: System downtime wednesday for maintainance.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

:Have you noticed any electrolytic capacitors - probably in VR section - with
:slightly bulged tops?  Some of those have taken a *long* time to work thru the
:system and fail - long after the 'big wave' has largely passed from memory.
:
:Or maybe it's a new round of bad electrolyte....
:
:Bill

    I checked all of them.  No bulges.  I don't think that's the problem.
    I think the power supply hit one of the support chip's heat sink and
    dislodged the chip.  No biggy since the MB is gonna be replaced.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>