Re: start fluxbox on DFly

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:05:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, August 17, 2006 6:07 pm, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
>> We need more information about your X setup and what
>
>> happens when you run "startx". Did you check your X
>> log?
>
> #startx
> startx: Command not found.

Is X installed?  Do:

pkg_info | grep xorg

to see.

If it is listed, it's installed.  The next step is to type:

echo $PATH

and see if the directory that holds startx is listed.  (should be
/usr/pkg/xorg/bin/ I think)

To actually start fluxbox, you need to create a .xinitrc file in your home
directory; these are the actual commands run when you type 'startx'.  When
the last of those commands exit, X stops.  You'll probably want the
command to start fluxbox in there, which I imagine is something like
'/usr/pkg/xorg/bin/fluxbox'.