Question about journaling

From: Oliver Fromme <check+j46qnt00rswghizp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Aug 2006 09:01:03 GMT

Hi,

I've read the mountctl(8) and jscan(8) manpages, but
there's one thing which I'm still not 100% certain.

Does the journaling work on file level or on block
level?  Specifically:  When I use jscan to mirror a
file system on a remote machine, will the files have
identical inode numbers?

That's important for setting up a fail-over NFS cluster
(with the master being read+write, and the slave being
read-only, replicated with jscan).  If the inode numbers
are different, a transparent fail-over would not be
possible ...  In that case, is there are different
solution with DragonFly BSD?

Best regards
   Oliver