Re: How to get DGUI working over ssh?

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:13:51 +0100

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 09:20:55PM -0400, Scott Ullrich wrote:
: Login to DragonFly via SSH then run /usr/local/bin/installer.  Atleast
: this was the method a few versions ago.

I thought it was that simple, too.  But you have to run the backend into the
(back)ground, then the front-end.  Not too intuitive, but ok.

: In terms of the web installer, you would need a web server installed on
: the ISO that you downloaded.  If the binary is not in place then it will
: be impossible to start the webserver.  We used to include thttpd but
: these days I would much prefer to include lighttpd as its bsd licensed
: and kicks butt.

I tried that as well, and there was no thttpd.  ;-)

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.