Re: Batch/At (does it work for you as a user?)

From: nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jamie)
Date: 04 Sep 2006 09:25:02 GMT

In <Lc1157354602129580x80e920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jamie) mentions:

A little more detail, if anyone can spot whats wrong:

in privs.h:

I added a check on the return value of setreuid:

#define PRIV_START {\
            if(setreuid(real_uid, effective_uid)) { perr("setreuid" ); } \
            if(setregid(real_gid, effective_gid)) { perr("setregid" ); }

This reports "operation not permitted"

HOWEVER the same macro, called earlier does work. (has to, previous
calls of "whoami" reported "root")

What would have to happen to make it not work when it worked before?

Other setid utilities, like 'su' are working fine.

Sorry if these are lame questions, it's probably staring me straight in the face.

Jamie
--
http://www.geniegate.com                    Custom web programming
guhzo_42@xxxxxxxxx (rot13)                User Management Solutions