Re: USB memory stick

From: FloW <flo.w@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:00:38 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Try without ehci.  If that doesn't work, try turning on the
    emergency interrupt polling code to see if it is an interrupt routing
    problem.

    leaf:/root# sysctl -a | fgrep emer
    kern.emergency_intr_enable: 0	<<<< set to 1
    kern.emergency_intr_freq: 10

-Matt

Ok, found some spare time to investigate this:

The memory stick works fine without ehci. With ehci there's always the "cannot open interrupt pipe" message. Even with

alpha# sysctl -a | fgrep emer
kern.emergency_intr_enable: 1

problem and message stay the same. So I'm stuck with USB 1.0, right?
I mean this is ok for listening to mp3's, but not to exchange files. Would it be of any use to compare the sources for DFly and FreeBSD? How far apart are they in the USB device area?

Thanks anyway

FloW