Re: Hints on kernel config for a dula pII/450 system anyone?

From: "Scott Ullrich" <sullrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:53:56 -0400

On 9/21/06, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
static int
bridge_pfile(...)
{
    KASSERT(M_WRITABLE(*mp), ("%s: modifying a shared mbuf", __func__));
}

I don't think M_WRITABLE() applicable to DFLY here, since if *mp is
from driver(e.g. sk(4)), which supports jumbo frames, M_WRITABLE() is
always == 0:
1) Driver allocates jumbo frame buffer and turns on M_EXT in mbuf.m_flags
2) since M_EXT is turned on, while M_EXT_CLUSTER is off, m_sharecount() == 99

I suggest to nuke this assertion in bridge_pfil().

Thanks Sepherosa, I will get this commited tonite (don't have access to my home machine from work currently).

If someone else wants to commit in the meantime, that is fine with me as well ;)

Scott