Re: how to install gnome ?

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:10:33 +1000

You can try installing gnome-session. It will pull all its dependencies and afterwards you should have a nearly complete gnome desktop. I believe. Ive never tried it but I think it might be worth a shot.

Petr

David Aubril wrote:
Well, I just joined the list, and I am sorry to start with such a question.
I was wondering how to install gnome from the binary set. I looked at the packages that have just been uploaded in the test repository, but there is no package called gnome or gnome-base.
So, with the binary set of packages, how can I do ?
I've seen that there has been a question like that on the list a couple of weeks ago ( 07 Aug 2006 ), but no clear answer ( well, no clear enough for me, at least ).
Thank you.