Re: boot problem, disk mess.. thinking of suicide.

From: "Vladimir Mitiouchev" <vovcia@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:33:35 +0200

2006/9/25, Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
IMHO, a good measure when running in development OSs is to have at
least two independant installations. One installation for compiling
and testing new stuff, another one in known good shape for recovery.
Once the test OS runs a few days to your satisfaction, clone it over
to the other OS partition.
I always have my private data backuped in some places. And i have a
notebook, so there is no worry i'll end up with smashed system and
lost data. Computer with DF i use only for learning, scripting,
compiling world and other fun.

You can share a private data and a swap partition between both of
them, ending with at least 4 partitions. 65 GB is plenty of room for
such stuff.
I have 200GB, there is no problem with it. I just really don't need to
get this host up 24/7.

It's all about fun.. I was so happy this morning.. It was sunny and
warm. Losalamos (my DF box) was generating some sweet beep's.. It told
me "Hello, master", beutiful female voice.. And crashed. Damn,
sometimes i think computers are like womans.. Or womans are like
computers?

--
Sincerely Yours,
Vladimir Mitiouchev