Re: bmake not killing childrens

From: Victor Balada Diaz <victor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:40:53 +0200

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 08:35:23AM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > some of you may have noticed that sometimes when you type Ctrl + C
> > to stop bmake it doesn't stop. I find that behaviour annoying so
> > i created this patch[1] to solve it.
>
> I think this may be related so I think this is being worked on.
>
>  http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=31532
>
> (There is also a pkgsrc PR, but I don't think it has details.)

I would say it's a different problem. They are doing parallel
builds.

Our problem is that if you don't do parallel builds bmake
switchs to compatibility mode. In compatibility mode it doesn't
register the signal handlers, so when you type C-c it doesn't catch
the signal and just do the default action, that is, exit.

If you apply my patch or call bmake with -j it will register the signal
handlers and kill the childs when needed.

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.