Re: mailserver using dfbsd

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:03:56 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:
:I'm going to install dragonflybsd on two mail server proxies: primary and secondary MX with milter-greylist on.
:I need to share greylist data on both of them, I can do it using a dbms and I'll modify milter source code to store
:such data in dbms instead RAM.
:
:Are there more efficient features on dfbsd to share (or exchange) such greylist data from primary and secondary host?
:Best regards,            \fer
:--
:NonSoLoSoft - http://www.nonsolosoft.com/

    I don't think you can safely update a dbms database file shared via NFS,
    if that's what you intend to do.

    What I recommend is that you simply make one machine the master and have
    a cron job on the secondary machinepull the greylist from the primary
    machine once an hour.  Something like (in csh)

    (cron job script on secondary machine)

    #!/bin/csh
    rm -f greylist.new
    fetch -q -o greylist.new ftp://primary.machine/hidden-location-of-greylist
			    (or http://)
    if ( $status == 0 ) then
	mv -f greylist.new greylist.db
	# be quiet if everything succeeded so no cron mail is generated
    else
	echo "Secondary machine unable to pull greylist from primary machine"
    endif

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>