Re: where is cvsup?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:34:33 -0700

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:53:11AM -0700, walt wrote:
> > Charles Allen wrote:
> > > The csup client (implementing the cvsup client protocol in C) in the
> > > FreeBSD 6.x base distribution has been working fine for awhile.
> >
> > I find that it works very well on FBSD, but on DF it chokes
> > with a 'protocol error' each time it finds a file which needs
> > updating.  Do you get better results?
>
> updater.c lacks support for two commands that are needed to deal
> with newphrases(any unknown phrases in the current implementation)
> in RCS file.
>
> Please try this:
> $ cd
> $ fetch http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/dfly-csup.tar.gz
> $ cd /usr/src
> $ tar zxf ~/dly-csup.tar.gz
> $ cpdup ~freebsd/projects/csup contrib/csup
> $ cd usr.bin/csup
> $ make obj && make depend && make && make install
>
> The csup source in contrib/csup directory in FreeBSD tree
> doesn't have the fix to queue.h, so it produces (unharmful) warnings.

Now I see this:

Updating collection dragonfly-cvs-src/cvs
 Edit src/etc/defaults/periodic.conf
newphrase commitid ignored
 Edit src/share/man/man5/periodic.conf.5
newphrase commitid ignored
Finished successfully

When I re-run cvsup I get no new updates -- so I guess that
means it's working in spite of the warnings, right?

Thanks!