Re: Xen vs VMware

From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:16:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, walt wrote:

Andreas Hauser wrote:

Unless you use a current processor (Intel or Amd e.g.) which come with hardware
virtualization...

Can you point out which processors have this hardware -- are they the
64-bit models only?  My instincts tell me that the 64-bit hardware
could virtualize a 32-bit machine -- but that's a pure guess on my part.

Since people recently asked on NetBSD's port-xen list:

(I don't think it has anything to do with 64 vs 32 bit, by the way.)

MAgnus

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:21:19 +0200 From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: upgraded to 3.0.3, with hvm support