Re: IPv6 mtu autoconfiguration

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:37:06 +0100

Op maandag 30 oktober 2006 12:56, schreef Francois Tigeot:
> Hi all,
> I am experimenting with IPv6 on a small LAN. All machines use
> Dragonfly-1.6.x.
> The gateway uses a PPPoE ADSL modem, and so is unable to route
> packets > 1492 bytes.

You can sidestep the whole problem if you can get the modem to do bridging
mode. This is also a way more reliable solution. I think that almost all *DSL
providers support this. Have yet to come across one that doesn't.

With bridging mode you can throw that shakey pppoe solution in the circular
filing cabinet and use a plain dhcp client to get an IP, default gateway and

There are many times when you want it to ignore the rest of the string just
like atof() does.  Oddly enough, Perl calls atof().  How convenient.  :-)
		-- Larry Wall in <1991Jun24.231628.14446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>