Re: DragonFly on a Intel G965 Mainboard

From: Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:30:45 +0100

Am 13.11.2006 um 13:39 schrieb Gergo Szakal:

there is an option in BIOS like 'PnP OS installed'. Try setting that to No and see what happens.

I'd like to and Intel's Technical Product spcification even writes about "If you select Auto in the BIOS Setup program ...", but I'm either blind or there is no item in the BIOS setup menu to do such an selection. Intel doesn't talk about where exactly to find this option, of course. "BIOS Setup program" is the thing you get when hitting F2 immediately after power up, right?

Still I think an option to run DragonFly off BIOS drivers would be a good thing. Hardware changes every few months and if the bootloader works, why shouldn't the remaining OS? Performance is a secondary issue.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/