Re: ipw3945 WLAN driver

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:22:06 +0800

On 19 Nov 2006 09:15:38 GMT, Johannes Hofmann <Johannes.Hofmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 14. November 2006 18:40 schrieb Thomas Schlesinger:
>> Hi,
>> are there plans to port the ipw3945 driver from OpenBSD in the near future?
>> Thomas
> Ok, I take this as "no" ;-)

I did a preliminary port several months ago: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/wpi.tbz

It is known to crash some place arround firmware loading.  I do not
have hardware to keep going, so if you are interested, you can
continue it or start from scratch (NetBSD's wpi port may be a better
start point than OpenBSD's)

I will be glad to commit it, if you can knock it out :-)

Best Regards,

Hi Thomas, if you have the hardware to test it, you could try to do it yourself. Should not be too hard as Sephe has synced the 802_11 stuff with the other BSDs.

> Thomas

Live Free or Die