Re: ACPI: getting front-panel power button to cause shutdown

From: David Murray <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 14:50:18 +0000

On 26/11/06 1:29 pm, Johannes Hofmann wrote:

David Murray <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to get the front-panel power button to shut the system down (cleanly). Currently when I press it, nothing discernible happens

shutdown -p now, and
acpiconf -s 5

You might try:

sysctl -w hw.acpi.power_button_state=S5

Thanks for the suggestion, Johannes. However, it was already set to S5 (I should have said so in my original post).

I'm not sure if I've missed some piece of configuration necessary to get the button event acted on, or if I need to turn on debugging in the ACPI code to work out where it's going missing.

-- Dave Murray