Re: italian community

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:48:27 +1100

What is being proposed is a discussion forum, something like bsdforums just much simpler and with search engine and only DragonFly specific, which would allow to have english, italian, german, spanish, etc, communities _without_ having to post to a mailing list, just by registering.

Talking about languages, I think internalization of www.dragonflybsd.org would be good too (I could do Czech).

Petr

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:I once offered the DragonFly community that I would build and host on my :server a discussion forum. Considering the success of the Gentoo forums, :which is by miles the best community of Linux/Unix people to discuss the :OS and other things in effort to allow people easy entry into the :community but Ive met resistance from some people here. The great part :about it would be that people speaking different languages could build a :community on their own, like italian, german etc.
:
: I think creating a kind of a DragonFly "cult" of people that swear by :the OS would be a great promotion thing and that is certainly something :we need, the users and the devs.
:
:If those people that resisted this idea have perhaps eased their opinion :about it, i can still go and make the DragonFly forum.
:
:Petr

    Well, I'm not sure what is being proposed here.  We have our mailing
    lists.  I suppose someone could make a web interface for them using
    the NNTP backend (if the news interface isn't sufficient).  But I
    don't want to make the mailing lists themselves browser-centric.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>