Re: Process for patch/build/install/modify/rebuild/reinstall

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:43:50 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, fake@email.address wrote:

> I'm trying to make some code changes in the i810 X server version 6.9.0nb13
> because of breakage.  I'm trying to find the best/fastest way to:

I'd suggest you work against Xorg's official release. The monolithic 6.9
series is not maintained upstream.

I think the code you need is Xorg's driver/xf86-video-intel (by the way
Intel is really supporting this as "open source" :)

There is some work on modualr Xorg in pkgsrc. I use it myself (and have
for a  very long time). I have committed a few things for DragonFly to
Xorg source.

I can help you with creating a xf86-video-intel package.

I think it would be better to test against supported code versus trying to
patch old obsolete and unmaintained code.

Hope you get this fake@