Re: Request for swapcontext and getcontext to be ported to our libc

From: Armin Arh <armin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:28:19 +0100

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 02:38:48PM +0100, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Petr Janda wrote:
> >I'm being serious.
>
> Nobody doubts that you are.  Just give the people some time to look into
> the matter and have some christmas holidays in between.  Don't worry, I'm
> sure somebody will come back to you.

Right. I looked into FBSD code a little.
(I am not a kernel GURU, just looking)
Puzzles me how this could be ported into some "middle layer",
not being part of the "no more monolithic" kernel.

The middle layer code would have to mask signals coming from
the kernel (sounds not too hard) and switch contexts in an MP_SAFE
manner. (locking?) Is there some sort of preemption needed? Can this fit
into "middle layer"?

Just asking. Trying to understand DFly concepts.

Armin
--
PUBBOX Postmaster + spam-killer. Free email addresses at http://pubbox.net/