Re: updating packages

From: Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl">
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:44:05 +0100

Beware though that it can leave some of your packages non-working. If I'm not confusing this with something else what bmake upgrade does is to deinstall all packages and then reinstall the new versions. Should the build of the first package fail then it will abort and you'll be left with fewer packages than you had (all those that was going to be updated are gone).

After some consideration I decided to go for pkg_chk -g/-r/-a. Unfortunately, it look like I'm getting stranded at thunderbird:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/toolkit/components/build'
make[3]: write error
make[2]: *** [libs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/toolkit/components'
make[1]: *** [tier_50] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla'
gmake: *** [default] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird
** 'cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake update CLEANDEPENDS=yes' failed
*** ** 'cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird && /usr/pkg/bin/bmake update CLEANDEPENDS=yes' failed

What could this be? I can't do anything right now, since it would leave my system useless (no firefox, no links, no thunderbird, etc).

Thanks,

Huub