Help interpreting a linker error? (c++)

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:47:21 -0800

I just updated my -CURRENT machine, so lots of things have changed,
and I normally have trouble debugging linker errors anyway :o(

My problem is with pkgsrc/sysutils/fam:

Listener.o(.text+0x80): In function `Listener::Listener(bool, bool, unsigned
long, unsigned long)':
: undefined reference to `socket(int, int, int)'

When I do 'nm Listener.o' I see this line:
 U _Z6socketiii

Is that the symbol the linker is complaining about?  Does the 'iii' stand
for (int, int, int)?

AFAICT, socket() is defined in libc, right?  If socket() is defined in libc,
then why should the linker have trouble finding it?  (Well, libc does *not*
define _Z6socketiii, I'm almost certain.)

Also, can anyone running the latest HEAD reproduce this error?

Thanks!