Re: wiki log of #dragonfly irc channel

From: Clemens Hintze <cle-dgfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 18:54:22 +0100

Am 09.03.2007 um (09) 02:28 schrieb Helge Rohde:

(...)

countries. I believe the reasoning goes along the lines of: they have an
urgent suspicion that there is evidence against you (the encrypted
partition ), so they can put you into 'Beugehaft' (= coercive detention)

As I understand it, this cannot happen that way in Germany! If your e.g. friend are under investigation and they mean *you* have anything to tell to help them (e.g. you having the passphrase to your friend's crypto container), they can put you into coercive detention, if you do not want to coorperate.

But if they suspect *you* have done something criminal, they cannot force you to help them to get any evidence against you!

But I am not a lawyer, so I may err here ...

cheers,
Helge

Ciao, Clemens.