Re: benchmarks

From: Haidut <haidut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:35:20 -0400

I'll recompile the kernel for this test as you suggest. However, maybe
it's not a bad idea in the future to add a kernel on the Dfly live CD
that is more production oriented (without debugging option and
whatever other options are turned on for development/testing
purposes). Just a thought.

On 4/14/07, Justin C. Sherrill <justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:
On Sat, April 14, 2007 3:57 pm, Haidut wrote:
> OK, on FreeBSD these are kernel config option which means that
> commenting them out would require recompiling the kernel. Is that true
> on Dfly as well or is there another way to disable them?

For DragonFly, it ships with debugging on, which means that it's going to
reduce the speeds you get, and that it's going to require a kernel
recompilation.

It's your call how much modification you want to have creep into the
process.  If you have time, try with and without debug options.