Re: Wake on Lan Issues

From: Joseph Garcia <bsd_usr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:52:17 -0700

Hmmm....I guess no one here uses the WOL utilities from pkgsrc? Bummer.

Joseph Garcia wrote:

Hello all!

I'm trying to use DragonFlyBSD to wake up other machines, but so far two of the utilities I tried from pkgsrc didn't work. I hate saying this, but they do wake up when I send the magic packet from a Windows machine using either AMD's magic_pkt program or this other program called mc-wol (or something like that - I had renamed it to wol).

Anyway, I tried net/wol and net/wakeup but neither worked. I was wondering if anyone can reproduce this behavior with machines on thier network. Those two programs compile fine, but they just don't seem to work for me.

On a bright note, I configured my DragonFlyBSD box to WOL. Yay! Although, I have to wake it from a Windows box for now until I can figure out what's up with WOL utilities on DragonFlyBSD.

Well, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey