Re: Root password restrictions

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 09:54:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, May 13, 2007 6:21 am, Gergo Szakal wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2007 11:38:04 +0200
> Simon corecode Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
>
>> Ah, another task:  update the installer to the latest bsdinstaller
>> version. we're WAY behind and there are many features/fixes waiting
>> for us.  almost a MUST for the 2.0 release.
>
> What does it take? I *may* be able to help out, if it is well-documented.

http://www.bsdinstaller.org/

Scott Ullrich and others put this together - there is a mailing list
mentioned at http://www.bsdinstaller.org/contact.html though I haven't
seen activity on it for a while.

This is from memory, so it may not be accurate: the 2.0 version of the
installer uses Lua, and has some FreeBSD-ports-oriented stuff in there
now, since it was being worked on for pfSense.

It's a very slick installer as it is now, so any improvements would be great.