Re: Which wireless card?

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:35:26 +0800

On 5/14/07, Petr Janda <elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:
Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> On 5/13/07, Petr Janda <elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:
>> I've tried 2 different cards that use the ACX driver (one netgear, the
>> other dlink) and neither of them are quite stable (same in windows) so
>
> Can you give more detailed information?
Connection seems to fluctuate between 12-54mbit, sometimes goes to 1mbit

Changing of TX rate is normal.

and completely stalls. However, sometimes it also  completely stalls on
36 (or any other speed) and I can't ping anything. I initially thought

Try following command and see whether it helps: ifconfig acx0 ratectl onoe

Try turning on debug for it too:
sysctl net.wlan.0.onoe_ratectl.debug=10

I don't have a box at hand, but the exact sysctl node should be
something similar, set it to 10.

its the wireless router, so i bought a new one from different
manufacturer but it does the samething.

About 50% of times these messages:

acx0: basic rates: 0x0027
acx0: join BSS/IBSS on channel 11

come up like 7-8 times before it reaches handshake or whatever its doing.

This is abnormal.

and sometimes also messages like acx0: tx failed or something like that

This means wrong TX rate is picked up.

Try compile and install wlandebug from tools/tools/wlandebug: make obj; make depend; make; make install

Then try turning on:
wlandebug -i acx0 +state
wlandebug -i acx0 +xrate

The debug messages may be quite verbose, but please mail it to me or
put it to some place I can fetch.  Thanks.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die