Re: umodem? driver

From: "Ilias Nakos" <nakosmeister@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:26:38 +0300

On 6/15/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

    Support for USB serial ports is somewhat half hazzard.  We might be
    able to check for driver updates given the USB attach message in
    the dmesg output (from when you plug the device in), but otherwise
    you might be out of luck.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

ucom0: Magellan Magellan eXplorist, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2 ucom0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has no break ucom0: status change notification available there it is... The umodem module exists in the kernel an can not be loaded without the ucom module. But when I plug-in the device I get the message above. In the /dev/ directory there is no ucom0 device and when I do hexdump /dev/umodem0 I get hexdump: /dev/umodem0: Device not configured hexdump: /dev/umodem0: Bad file descriptor

and when I unplug the device I get the following
ucom0: at uhub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
ucom: ops removed
ucom0: detached

. ...any help would be greatly appreciated