Re: Warning, objcache(cluster mbuf): Exhausted!

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 00:05:07 +0200

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 14:46:11 -0700 (PDT)
Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     Thats good.  You should also check the limits you have set for
> squid since even with the open port machine resources should not be
> exhausted of squid's limits are properly set.

I have not bothered with the limits since only traffic going to just 3
sites is redirected to this proxy (see Issue 389 on the tracker), so the
traffic should not have caused such load. But a week ago I could
somehow open the port for the whole world.

There was no ACL and other limits set, since I thought only people
from my trusted subnet could access it. That means that 10^5 or more
people from the whole world were *using* that proxy and this is a big
kudos to the OS because it could actually _handle_ the situation which
has been going on for a week or so. I only noticed some hangups that
took 10 minutes.

Funny thing is that it started about the same time I upgraded the box
to 1_10_RELEASE and I suspected there was a problem with the OS.

Thanks again for your hints, Matt, and sorry for the noise.

--
Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */