SMP vkernel speed on UP host

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 00:47:22 -0400

I know UP hosts are so passe' these days,

But does anyone else think SMP vkernels are a bit slow
on UP hosts?

possibly due to the 'io processor' & context switching, methinks.

if correct, not sure if this is worth any code changes or
manual entry notes..

or perhaps I should just update my test network to the GHZ range .. :)

thoughts?