Re: How to install nvidia graphics driver on dfly?

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 01:06:46 +1000

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:49:33 pm Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> daniel olsson wrote:
> > How to install nvidia graphics driver on dfly?
>
> It doesn't work.  There are no DragonFly binaries from nvidia.

I personally cannot wait for there to be a good open-source driver for AMD
cards, now that the specs are open, hopefully Xorg will have a 3D driver for
some of the higher performance models within a year. Then Im buying an AMD
card, and dumping nvidia. my perfectly good 6600GT has been sitting almost
unused in my box for the last 2 years since I started using DragonFly, except
in Windows when I play games. Not that there are many games for *nix but CF
would be quite nice.

Petr