Re: Filesystem encryption

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:15:44 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     That would actually work, though it would be kinda hokey.

yup. not as hokey as having your data stolen I suppose :)

my memory was rusty -  had looked into this previously &
looks like the open 'svnd' does as mentioned above:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=svnd&sektion=4

goodness on the topic and various approaches here:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/12/21/netbsd_cgd.html?page=1

and here:

http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/cgd/cgd.pdf

if anyones interested.