Re: DragonFly over Sony Vaio

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:35:32 +0100

Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:21:00 +0100
"Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:

My ancient Vaio C1XS does not come with a CD-ROM drive, and will only boot
off of a Sony-branded PCMCIA-based CD-ROM drive.

So that kinda sucks. :)
How do you ever install an OS on this box?

In the case of my ancient C1XD (more or less the same as the C1XS), I
managed by -> using LILO from preinstalled Windows or floppy (don't
remember), -> from Linux, setting up network block device server, and
then -> used a Linux host running QEmu with harddisk set to the (then
connected) network block device.

Or just plug its disk into another box and install from there.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx