Re: DragonFly vs Linksys as firewall and Gateway

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@xxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Dec 2007 04:30:56 GMT

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:42:06 +0100, Jasse Jansson wrote:

> Sdävtaker wrote:
>> I was using a P1/233MMX  with DFBSD before buy a linksys router. I got
>> the linksys router becouse the P1 micro crashed and i couldnt find a
>> replacement, linksys router (WRT54G) sucks, i got to restart it once
>> per week at least, it likes to crash a lot even with the lastest bios.
>> I wonder if you can install a DFBSD over Linksys hardware like the
>> linux one.
>
> For the Linksys stuff ,check this one out:
>
> http://www.polarcloud.com/tomatofaq
>
> I have not updated my own unit yet, but I'm told it's one of the better
> updates for the WRT56 series routers out there.

I agree. Use the third-party firmwares are heck a lot better offical one
from Linksys. I have three routers, WRT54G (Tomato firmware), WRTSL54GS
(HyperWRT Thibor firmware) and Buffalo WHR-G54S (Tomato firmware). They
work great and never get crash or reboot unless there is power failure. I
personal can't wait for someone to port any BSD to these routers.

Cheers,
Mezz