Re: drm/dri update

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:48:20 +0200

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> mkdir /dev/dri
> mknod /dev/dri/card0 c 145 0 0:0
> chmod a+rw /dev/dri/card0

For some reason it doesn't work for me in my desktop. Xorg (probably)
deletes it as soon as I start X (via kdm). And although it survives kdm/X
start in my laptop, it's deleted there as well sometimes. I have to
investigate yet when and how it happens.

> As last task you need to adjust your xorg.conf to load glx.  Add
> 	Load "glx"
> 	Load "dri"

I'm not 100% sure about xserver 1.3, but 1.4 loads them automatically for
sure.

> Now be happy, use your favorite 3d tool and try it.  Instantly report
> back your success via mail/nntp.

Haven't tried anything else than glxgears yet, but at least it works on my
laptop with i965GM chip. Good work!

--
Hasso