New mirroring tool

From: Vincent Stemen <vs1@xxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Jan 2008 01:42:30 GMT

On 2008-01-21, Vincent Stemen <vs1@crel.us> wrote:

> Also, before you decide anything, I should let you know that I decided
> to go ahead and write a general purpose rsync based mirroring tool, both
> for keeping our own dcvs copy updated and for doing convenient rsync vs
> cvsup benchmark testing.
>
> I have been working on it for two nights now.  It is written in Perl
> and, so far is working pretty nice.  I call it *mirror*.  I have
> a configuration file for it that is pre-configured for all the DragonFly
> rsync repository mirroring sites that I know of so far.  It is even more
> convenient than cvsup.

Ok.  I have put an initial version of *mirror* up for download if you
guys would like to try it out and let me know what you think.

http://hightek.org/mirror/mirror-0.1.tar.gz

I have not implemented exclude/refuse lists yet.  Let me know if you are
interested in hosting it on the DragonFly site for updating dcvs.
Otherwise, I might put it up on SourceForge or Googles project hosting
site and/or add it as another project page on our hightek.org site, if
I can find the time to setup a web page for it :-).