Re: FreeBSD 7, DragonFly's status

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:53:04 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
	* Similarly with AMD64.  We need it.  I've developed the
	  infrastructure separation required and we even have a fully
	  virtualized kernel (vkernel) which demonstratres the infrastructure
	  separation.  Most of the generic kernel code can easily support
	  a 64 bit architecture.  The compiler supports it.  It's a project
	  waiting for someone to take up the ball.

Note that Noah Yan has been working on an AMD64 port. Some stuff is already committed, and last time I checked, he had about 328KB of uncommitted patches in his git repository (http://repo.or.cz/w/dragonfly/port-amd64.git).

He doesn't seem to have much time at the moment but said he'll return to it as soon as the stuff he's occupied with has settled down a bit.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx