Re: dma -- sending mail from non-root to non-root

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:19:16 +0200

Michael Krauss (by way of Michael Krauss <hippodriver@gmx.net>) wrote:
I am running into problems when sending mail from one unprivileged user
to another with the DragonFly Mail Agent.

Yes, that's still an issue. We could either make dma setuid root, or have a setuid root helper, or we could have a daemon started by root (boot), and let the daemon deliver the mails. I guess this will be addressed during the SoC project on dma.

cheers
  simon